The following rules apply to all individuals and their activities on official Andromeda servers and forum. As a registered player and community member of SWG Andromeda, you hereby consent to...
- Listen to a member of staff (The Founder, Lead Developer, or a CSR) when they speak to you and show them respect. Our staff are committed to making Andromeda a better place and will set an example for others. As a member of the community your behaviour reflects on the overall image of SWG Andromeda and nobody is above the rules.
2. There is no unfair treatment here and no claims of abuse of any kind will go unanswered. Think before you act.
3. Our policy covens your behaviour on any of Andromeda's official grounds. This includes the server, forums or the Discord. If you see somebody breaking the rules, remind them not to or else inform a member of staff immediately. If possible, try and gather evidence to support your claim.
4. We know that every community has its bad eggs and Andromeda certainly will have its own. We urge you to not encourage such behaviour or support it. It aids absolutely no one and contributes to nothing remotely relevant to Andromeda's development. Trolling, racism, sexism or discrimination of any sorts discovered will be dealt with harshly.
5. Given Balance is one of our key features and major game changing prospects of Star Wars Galaxies, we take any claims of glitching, exploiting or cheating seriously. We have laid down the ground rules below for what we consider a method of cheating or exploiting. We strongly advise you read them and think before acting should you find yourself in one of these situations...
The following actions in game will be treated as a method of cheating or exploiting regardless whether they are valid on any other server or SWGEmu itself. One of Andromeda's key goals is balance in all aspects of the game possible. Patching area's that SOE should have.
- Attempting to use Bomb Droids or a throwable object (grenade) as a means to TEF a character out of a locked structure is forbidden. Caught doing or even attempting to do so will warrant a 24-hour suspension minimum. Further action could result in a permanent ban.
2. The inappropriate naming of any City or Guild is strictly forbidden, you will be warned and told to change if a head admin deems it offensive. Failure to do so will come with a warning on your account and a forced name change. The same rule applies to characters, we will change the name for you if we have to.
3. Every player is limited to ONE First and Last name change per account. If you wish to request this, please go directly to a head admin, Violet or Valkyra.
4. We understand that not everybody in a community gets on with each other and there will be drama. We are keeping careful tabs on the ongoings of the server and forum. Anybody caught influencing drama will be dealt with accordingly. We do not promote negative, unprofessional, or immature behaviour in this galaxy.
5. Assisting a player who is exploiting, cheating, or breaking the Andromeda Code of Conduct in any way will be treated as a means of assisted infringement to your agreement of using our services.
The following terms apply to player accounts and their usage.
- Lost/Deleted Items and Restoration is a popular occurence across most servers. Although a lot of the cases seem to be simple player error, we only approve the restoration of items that were lost or deleted by events that are deemed OUT of the player's control. We apologize for any convenience this may cause. Regarding the possibility of server wipes due to data corruption or other issues, we make backups every day and will do everything in our power to ensure the most minimal of losses.
2. You are NOT by any means permitted to use your account or characters for monetary trade. Monetary trade is the exchange of real-life currency for in-game currency, items, rewards or anything of the sort. These relate to real-life monetary gain such as soliciting real life monetary trades, purchasing of in-game credits or items for real life currency, exchange of in-game items/credits for real life items, exchange of in-game items/credits for items/currency from other games or the exchange of in-game items/credits for items/credits from other servers. We cannot possibly express how seriously we will treat this offense. It warrants a permenant ban on sight from anybody caught negotiating real currency for in-game goods or currency across any server. If you have been banned from SWGEmu with a history of this on your record, we will find out and take action. Those who may be unaware of this will do well to remember that this is a violation of SWGEmu's Core3 policy and we will extend knowledge of your ban to their staff as well (meaning you are banned on SWGEmu if you get banned here). But if that's not enough to sway your temptations, then do remember that this also violates the terms agreed upon with Disney and LucasFilm, who were generous enough to allow the on-going development and revival of Star Wars Galaxies through an Emulator. You break these terms, you risk the future of SWGEmu for everybody, as well as a lawsuit on your own part.
3. Andromeda Galaxy Chat (GAL) should be used with respect. Although we tolerate foul language to some degree, please do not exagerate this kind of behaviour. It shows a very bad example for Andromeda and what we stand for.
4. Promotion of other servers through in-game messages, e-mail or other forms will be treated seriously. Please do not promote or advertise other communities here, it is unprofessional and very offensive. Found doing so will bring a permanent ban to your account without any warning. Consider this your first and last.
5. Do not bother the admins with requests for items, currency, experience or free revives, teleports or buffing. Any admin found abusing his or her power will have it and their role immediately revoked without the possibility of redemption. Following this will come a minor suspension for both the former admin and player involved.
The following terms apply to the Andromeda Forums.
- Your account is your lifeline on SWG Andromeda, it is your way in and out of the server. We are not responsible for any actions that should lead to its permanent or temporary suspension. Send an email to email@example.com if you wish to appeal a suspension with further evidence to support your innocence of any involvement in or out of game.
2. Regardless if you are banned or not, you are not permitted to use a VPN (Virtual Private Network) to bypass a ban or use multiple accounts on different IP Addresses. We have methods to detect this, so we highly encourage you not to attempt this. If you suspect another player could be committing either of these offenses, please take it to the head admin body immediately.
3. English is the only language we speak here on Andromeda, please use it on the forums as a means of communicating with other players.
4. Posting pornographic, racist, sexist, discriminating, incriminating, threatening, hateful or illegal material on any part of Andromeda's website will get you suspended. Further action could bring forth more severe punishment.
5. Please avoid causing negative discussion across heated real-world topics such as politics or religion.
Andromeda's Code of Conduct was last reviewed on... 23rd July, 2017 by Violet